How often does your inner voice whisper “I just can’t cope” or “I just don’t have the strength to deal with this” or “I don’t think I can handle this”?
It’s only natural to feel the stress and frustrations of life. But if you’re not careful, self-doubt creeps in and you can start believing you’re incapable of dealing with life’s challenging hurdles.
To maintain (or achieve) peace of mind, it’s crucial for you to have the self-confidence that says, “I can deal with it. I have the coping skills and the inner strength to get through this.”
These 4 quick techniques will help you develop those coping skills and put them to use immediately
1. Weigh the possible outcomes
Stop and consider what the possible outcomes of a rough situation are. What’s the worst that could happen?
How have you handled the worst case scenario in the past?
- Obviously, you made it through to see another day, so is this new situation actually as bad as you’re envisioning it to be?
- Sure, the pressure and apprehension that come with a tough situation are enough to send you into a tail-spin. But if you really look at all of the possible outcomes, you’ll likely find that your anxiety is playing more of a number on you than you realize!
- When you decide that the outcome is more manageable that you thought, and that you really are strong enough to handle anything … allow yourself time to relax before tackling the challenge. You can do this!
2. Sustain your spirituality
Whether your spirituality is tied in with religion or self-help, you’ll likely be able to achieve inner peace and subsequently see situations with the utmost clarity.
Maintaining a connection to your spiritual side is a great way to help you achieve peace of mind and cope with a rough patch in your life.
- If you’re so inclined, pray constantly for the strength to deal with tough situations and the peace to accept the outcome.
- Practice meditation. It will help reduce the stress, give you increased mental clarity about your challenges and the next step you need to take, and help bring you closer to your spiritual side.
Grab your FREE copy of
8 Steps to Personal Recovery from Your Toughest Life Challenges
3. Maintain a positive outlook
Your outlook can go a long way in helping you to deal effectively with challenges.
In fact, a positive attitude will help you see the challenge as a series of steps to be taken one at a time … and not as an overwhelming crisis.
Success in life is based less on the situations you face and more on how you deal with them.
4. Know your authentic self
Who are you? Take a few moments to really be honest with yourself. What makes you tick? What gives you a true sense of achievement? If you’re able to accurately define yourself, then you can achieve anything you believe you’re capable of.
- Believe that you were created with the skills needed to get through the tough times.
It’s easier than you think to cope with challenging, even tragic situations.
You have so much untapped potential and promise, and it’s time to rely on it now for help in your time of need.
As you start to practice these coping techniques, you’ll realize that you’re innately more powerful than you ever realized.
After a while, you’ll discover that absolutely nothing is dire enough to break you!
You can handle anything!
P.S. Don’t forget to grab your copy of “Bounce Back” … a guide to your personal recovery from your life’s greatest challenges.